About Me

My photo
I'm a total bookworm and a romantic at heart. I'm also a little bit of a paranormal nerd so I absolutely love books that are about creatures of the night and allow me to submerge myself into a world of fantasy.

Sunday, July 26, 2009


Synopsis:

A new Carpathian novel from the #1 New York Times bestselling "queen of paranormal romance." (USA Today)Born into a world of ice, slave to her evil father, Lara Calladine knew only paralyzing fear as a child. Only by escaping with her mysterious gifts unbroken would she survive to claim her great Carpathian heritage as a Dragonseeker...Now, Lara is in search of the source of her nightmares the cold, dark corners of her childhood just on the edges of her memory. Only one man has the power and the will to help her: dangerous, arrogant Nicolas De La Cruz.Together, Lara and Nicolas search the treacherous Carpathian landscape for the truth about their pasts and discover a passion that neither has ever known before.

Review:

OMG I loved this book! Where to start...Well, I've been reading about the Carpathians for years now. It was my first vampire series, which makes it very dear to me. Ever since I first entered this magical world with Dark Prince almost eight years ago, I was hooked. The series has yet to disappoint me. In fact, it just keeps getting better! With more interesting characters and an overall story line that is just incredible. The world that Feehan has created is so well thought out and detailed that, at times, it seems real.

Dark Curse has to be my second favorite so far, Dark Fire is hands down my first, I just fell in love with both Nicolas and Lara. Lara was wonderfully written, she was everything I love to read in a heroine: strong, powerful, feminine, kind, and of course sassy. I also loved the question that was revealed in this book that has been bugging me since Dark Prince, what is causing the carpathinan women to miscarry their babies so often? This book becomes sort of a reunion, much like Dark Celebraton, in that several characters from past stories make an appearance. This book is probably one of the most important stories so far in the series because of all the pieces of the puzzle that are finally being put together about this wonderful world. This book left me completely satisfied, with the only complaint I have is that it ended on a bit of a cliffhanger and I had to wait almost a year to read the next one lol. Christine Feehan truly is the "Queen of Paranormal Romance". MATURE CONTENT, BE ADVISED!

Cover: 5

Plot: 5

Character: 5

Writing: 5

Overall: 5

6 Comments:

  1. Eli said...
    Wow! A five star review! This book must be great! I'm glad you enjoyed it so. Great review! :)
    Stephanie Faris said...
    Sounds like a real winner. I've never read anything by that particular author. I'll check her out.
    Susan R. Mills said...
    Sounds like a great read! I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the review!
    vvb32 reads said...
    this sounds good. i've been meaning to try a feehan book. which would you recommend i read first?
    Danni said...
    vvb32 reads- if you wanna read the dark series i suggest you start with dark prince. It's a wonderful series, I highly suggest it!
    Mandi said...
    I've only made it 1/3 of the way through this series..I really need to get back to it!

Post a Comment